Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zechariah 1

4 posters

Go down

Zechariah 1 Empty Zechariah 1

Post  Audrey Jong Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:26 pm

Yaaaaaaaaay! Today, my basketball team won the semi-finals! on to the finals now......

cool, first comment on Zechariah.......
well anyways, chapter 1 is mostly about Zechariah's visions. The first vision was about how the Lord wasn't happy with how the people are for God. In the second one, God was promising that the towns of Israel will overflow again with prospreity. I think this is about how we think God is not happy with us because of what we did in the past, but God always opens his arms for us.

Sorry....I didn't get much....i'll see what I can get tomorow.....
Very Happy ~Audrey~ Cool
Audrey Jong
Audrey Jong
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Zechariah 1 Empty Re: Zechariah 1

Post  jennifer Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:16 pm

what i got from this chapter is that we should really take things that are taught to us and what we read in the bible to heart. Even if certain things dont happen these days as they did in the past, like crucifixion, we can still apply what they learned to our lives. i think that's another really important reason why we do devotions! we are learning how to avoid mistakes people have made in the past, so that our journey becomes easier and easier. The bible is a strong foothold for us because we know itll never change, and that it's been true for a whiille haha anywho, the faster we learn from others mistakes , the faster we are able to move towards God, instead of making mistakes and moving away from God!
thats all i got for today!
buhbye Smile
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:08 am

3 Therefore, say to the people, ‘This is what the LORD of Heaven’s Armies says: Return to me, and I will return to you, says the LORD of Heaven’s Armies.’

I thought this related a ton to what Dan Joo spoke about on his sermon yesterday
We always find our self returning to God, losing that spiritual high and coming back.
Although we'd like to stay in that spitirual high, let's be realstic.
Things will take us further apart as we live our regular lives.
However, God ALWAYS returns to us.
That to me, When I really thought about it, is extremely surprising.
If someone bailed out on you CONSTANTLY, wouldn't you eventually get fed up and no longer put up with that person?
That's not the case with God though.
Just realized, how loving, forgiving, and caring our God iss

yeeepceecee
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Zechariah 1 Empty zecharia 1

Post  jaake kwon Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:49 pm

v16

its good to know what something originated from, and where.
knowing that Jesus' adventure began way back in and around Egypt (think it was galilee)is really a mindblowing thought.
I can't really put a finger on what to say but i'll just describe it.

So basically our whole religion was based on a Godsent man who brought peace and order to our religion and beliefs.
AND from there, his disciples and followers wrote a collection of testimonies of their adventure with Him.
That testimony was then shared around the world through PEOPLE. People came to Egypt and believers from Egypt went to share the Gospel.
Our whole religion was passed on city to city, and we developed different styles that we worship God.
2000 and almost 12 years passed and there's Orthodox, Presbyterian, Catholic, and other methods and styles we use to show our thanks.

annnyway, thats what this chapter reminded me of and I just thought that its good to realize how far our religion evolved through time.
jaake kwon
jaake kwon
Disposable

Number of posts : 338
Birthday : 7.21
Registration date : 2011-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down