Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Acts 14

4 posters

Go down

Acts 14 Empty Acts 14

Post  Sarah Oh Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:53 pm

Hey guys! Who has a day off tomorrow??? I do Very Happy

This verse gave me a simple message that we all have been told ever since we were young.

Verse 17, "Yet he has not left himself without testimony: He has shown kindness by giving you rain from Heaven and crops in their seasons; he provides you with plenty of food and fills your hearts with joy"

So the message is that we should be thankful for the blessings and riches that God has given us! He has given us so much and we dont acknowledge it sometimes. But sometimes we get so caught up with all the stuff that earth has to offer (e.g. cellphones, video games, tv) that we don't realize that the best thing of all is the Lord's love and mercy!

See you guys soon! Can't wait!

-Sarah Smile
Sarah Oh
Sarah Oh
minion

Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Acts 14 Empty Re: Acts 14

Post  Audrey Jong Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:46 pm

Hey guys!
Sorry that I couldn't do my devos yesterday.......my internet was down......
Alright, so I read this chapter and it was mainly talking to me about how some people in the bible are still struggling to understand what it means to have faith in God. While Paul and Barnabas were preaching the word to God, they came across a man who was crippled his entire life. Paul saw that this man had faith in the Lord. As Paul said in verse 10, "So Paul called to him in a loud voice, 'Stand up!'and the man jumped to his feet and started walking." Because the other people arround him saw this, some thought that Paul was a god in human form. So they assumed that he was the greek god, Zeus. Some came back with sacrifices for them although it was supposed to be all for God. Paul and Barnabas did not accept the sacrifice that these people brought. This reminds me of the story about a king who instead accepted the praise that he was recieving from some people but then he died because an angel struck him with a disease. This story was something I remember from reading one of the chapters in Acts.

Sooooooo that's about it! Good night!
Very Happy ~Audrey~ Cool
P.S, I got the setlist just now......it's great!
Audrey Jong
Audrey Jong
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:24 am

"Men, why are you doing these things? WE also are men of like passions with you, and bring you good news, that you should turn from these cain things to the living God, who made the sky and the earth and the sea, and all that is in them.
Who in the Generations gone by allowed all the nations to walk in their own ways.

This verse really spoke out to me.. My conncetion with this verse doesnt really relate to the chapter but it says to turn to the living God that created all that is standing. Also, it says who in the generations gone by alloewed all the nations to walk their own ways. I think that means that people who decide to take their own path influenced others to disobey the Lord. We should always walk in Gods path because we HAVE FAITH that it is the right path and God will guide us in the right direciton. If we decide to walk our own path, we are bringing others bad news, when we should bring good news upon others who may not know God or is starting to lead in their own direction.
Every little thing can help change the pathway a person chooses in their life whether it is bad or good. We should be the people who lead others to take the step in the right pathway.

Gnight
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:05 am

Whaddup?? I realized a lot of people start their devos with "Hey Guys!" It's kinda boring to do that over again and again.
Start something new. Anyway(s) did anybody now that the word "Anyway" doesn't have a plural?? Everybody says "Anyway(s)".
Just some interesting facts. And yea my week has been crazy. Mad Up's and Down's, iunno if my week's been good or bad.

22 strengthening the disciples and encouraging them to remain true to the faith. “We must go through many hardships to enter the kingdom of God,” they said.

People never said Worshiping (a Lifestyle) was gonna be easy; If anything, it's damn right hard. IF life is easy for you at this moment or you've never experienced the hardships of life, then you might as well say you've never even lived life yet. In life, we're going to have our up's and down's and a lot of it. When we hit rock bottom, it's how we come back up that God's going to see. He's going to see if we reach out for him for help and depend on him.

That's all I have for now and I have a lot of studying to do guys. See you guys on Sat. Pce out Chinks
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down