Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Acts 11

+4
Billy Kim
Christine Kim
Sarah Oh
Audrey Jong
8 posters

Go down

Acts 11 Empty Acts 11

Post  Audrey Jong Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:42 pm

Alright! back to devos.....I had Monday Math Mornin today.......
Anyways, chapter 11 is about how after the people the gentiles recieved the word of God, Peter was telling the vision that he saw three times. It was about how he saw animals while he heard a voice say, "Get up Peter, kill and eat them." This was unsual because it was against the Jewish laws to eat anything that is impure or unclean.
I couldn't get much out of this chapter........sorry.

Very Happy ~Audrey~ Cool
Audrey Jong
Audrey Jong
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Acts 11 Empty Re: Acts 11

Post  Sarah Oh Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:08 pm

I didnt get anything out of this chapter..... i kinda feel as if Acts is repeating itself. It's just kinda the same thing.... sorry Shocked
-Sarah =]
Sarah Oh
Sarah Oh
minion

Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Christine Kim Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:28 pm

like the others i didnt get much out of the chapter today...Acts is pretty well talking about how disciples and important people of Jesus Christ are standing up for their Christianity. its quite repetitive...sorry! i will try to reread it to see if there was anything i missed.
Christine Kim
Christine Kim
minion

Number of posts : 186

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:28 am

Hey guys, It's been a tough day. My family's really heated up about the recent incident and yea, things aren't going so well.

This verse actually really hit me today

16 Then I remembered what the Lord had said: ‘John baptized with water, but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit.’

Well I can proudly say I was baptized with both the holy spirit and water. We have to understand that not everybody has the privileged to be baptized with water or the holy spirit. Some people hasn't even heard of God or Jesus. To be honest, it frustrates me to think that we have this awesome chance that many people don't and we don't take advantage of it. Even I don't take advantage of worshiping God. I Sin knowing that it's bad and do other stuff that I know God isn't going to be proud of me for. This verse actually made me think about pastor Daniel's sermon for some reason. Even when we are baptized, we sin, but even tho we even break that promise, God's still here to lend a hand, he's just waiting for us to grab it.
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:58 am

Whew! What a crazy week last week was!
And you guys don't even know how much I miss the praise team! hahaha
WELL, I'LL BE SEEING YOUR BEAUTIFUL (ugly, if you're kevin...lolzjk!) FACES THIS WEEK SOOO! Very Happy
moving ooooon,

9 “The voice spoke from heaven a second time, ‘Do not call anything impure that God has made clean.’
Often times, we think that things are dirty and unclean, but if God made it, and then made it clean or said it was clean, shouldn't we believe it's clean? Even with people, we think highly of some and poorly of others... but God saved all of us, making us equal. Just a reminder!

Weellll, err that's all I got! I kinda tuned out after a bit but yeno!
ANYWAY, NIGHTTTT! Very Happy
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:09 am

Hey guys
I didn't get a lot today
I had a BUSY day
Holy cow
ginght2
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  jaake kwon Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:36 am

whoo boy. came back from a retreat this sunday. whole theme was the Lord's Prayer.

In acts 11, it clearly states to respect whatever God has made clean -it gets a little confusing when its mixed with a Satan situation but @.@ too confusing pour moi-
annddd and, in the Lord's Prayer has "Thy Kingdom Come" in it.
The Brother(it was a catholic retreat that my friends invited me to) there was very confusing as to what the Kingdom and Heaven actually is.
But mainly "Heaven is not a place, but is in a totally different level of being in God's presence"
In other words, this is KINDA heaven. The more we sin, the less we are in "heaven".
In every one of us, there is Jesus, and we choose whether we ourselves grow in faith, or turn our backs.
And I think what this verse is saying is that we don't have the right to disrespect and interfere with others' faith.
and the most we could do is help them when invited.

Just you know, letting Jesus in our life I guess :/.
jaake kwon
jaake kwon
Disposable

Number of posts : 338
Birthday : 7.21
Registration date : 2011-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa Ta Rick Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:34 am

i realized that in there book of Acts it is either the chapter is pretty self explanitory or the chapter doesnt make much sense.
all i got from this chapter was that we should never stop beleiving in God just like Peter who never stopped teaching about God
Pa Ta Rick
Pa Ta Rick
Admin

Number of posts : 409
Birthday : Snitching Since 1945. I'm a monk.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down